Life has a way of ganging up on me to keep me from posting frequently, but so many exciting things are going on that I had to share!
March and April were awash with some serious and unexpected family issues that kept me out of the writing circles, but here's what's been going on since May.
1. Book Con & New Orleans - I met up with Caitlin Plum and Envy Augustine to tour New Orleans and take in a conference. It was a much needed refocusing of personal and writing goals. For those of you who liked Mistaken Identity in The Arts of Love, this trip brought Justin and Gina to the front of my mind. They will have their own book. It is currently being written.
2. Writers on the River - This is the first year I've been able to take part of this amazing event as an author. Not only did my table fee (and every aspect of this conference) support Thistle Farms, I sold the StoryPenners anthologies Melt, Haunt, and Summer Fair, which means the charities supported by those books will be receiving donations at the end of the year as well. The gifts that continue to give.
As a side note, in the middle of that event a woman greeted me with, "You're that anthology lady." I wasn't sure how to respond to that at the time, but given what I've been up to lately, I will gladly accept the moniker.
3.Literary-Lover's Anthology - CM Peters and I are working on yet another project for SinCyr Publishing. Book It is our project combining our love of romance with our love of books. We've already started getting some stories and I've heard the plots of some still in the works so look for a book-lovers romance anthology to be released late this year.
4. Haunted - In love with Friday the 13th? Triskaidekaphilia is the love of the number thirteen. This September, Pen and Kink Publishing is releasing book four of it's Triskaidekaphilia series, thirteen books of dark romance and erotica all released on a Friday the 13th. The reviews on Goodreads have been very complimentary of my story Love a la carte de visite!
5. We know the truth. Do you? - If you don't plan to raid Area 51 on September 20, stay inside and read what might happen. Terri A. Wilson is spearheading a fun project with authors from various genres. Our only direction was that stories have to feature Area 51. Whether we choose to include aliens, military, giant parties, or Naruto-style running is up to each individual author. Proceeds go to help veterans. More info soon.
6. Upcoming cons - I'm spending some time attending writer sessions at Penned Con in St. Louis this September. Then, I've got a table at the first ever Peoria Bookfest in October. Debating an end of year signing, but it's likely that October will be your last chance to catch me before the holidays.
I think that's it. Lots accomplished and much more to do. Thanks to all of you who have discovered me lately as well as all of you who have stuck around while I continue growing as a writer. I truly appreciate you sharing the journey.
Harley Easton is a Renaissance woman dabbling in everything life offers. She's worked at a theme park, found expert witnesses, been a guest lecturer at a national museum, and worked with medical students. Putting experience and insanity to good use, she's become an author specializing in erotic, romantic, and speculative fiction.